Today I am playing along with Caseing the Catty challenge of caseing projects found in the Falling Love Suite (Page 50 – 54) of the Occasions Catalogue.
I chose the following card found on page 53.
I wanted to challenge myself and create a male and female card for this case. Here are my cards:
How I made these cards:
- Card base: Thick Whisper White Card Stock A6;
- Designer Series Paper layers are from the Succulent Garden DSP and Urban Underground Specialty DSP. Cut to 4 x 5 3/4in, circle is cut with the largest circle from the Layering Circles Framelits;
- I stamped and double stamped the Oh So Succulent Stamp Set in Sweet Sugarplum and Traveler Stamp Set in Basic Black on to the card base;
- I used the white and silver washi from the Urban Underground Designer Washi Tape on both cards;
- I cut 1 x 3.5in vellum strips that I punched on end with the Banner Triple Punch;
- The mother’s day sentiment is from the Oh So Succulent Stamp Set, I stamped in Basic Black on to the Vellum and then Sweet Sugarplum on to separate piece of Whisper White the fussy cut out ‘Mother’s’;
- The father’s day sentiment is from the Alphabet Labeler Stamp Set in Delightful Dijon on to Whisper White and fussy cut that out and stamped the rest of the sentiment on to the vellum in Basic Black;
- I adhered everything with Snail Adhesive.
Until next time… Happy stampin’,
This is going to be a busy week for me as I prepare for my first show this weekend and I have been busily making cards to show and sell.
My first lot of cards that I made are Mothers Day cards to that I thought I would share for any one needing some inspiration.
My first card is a card in a box. I always thought they were these huge boxes made out of 12×12 card stock and were made solid so my other thought was “where would you store them after the event?”
After some research (mainly pinterest). I discovered how wrong I was, they can fit in a C6 envelope and fold flat.
The dimensions: 5 1/2in x the width of an A4 (210mm), I scored every 2in on the long side. On the short side I scored at 2 3/4in. Each piece of Designer Series paper is cut at 1 7/8 x
2 5/8in. There is also a piece on the back which does’t get folded that DSP piece is cut at
1 7/8 x 5 3/8in.
The hearts I cut out with the heart that is apart of the Circle Card Thinlits. The tea cup is from the A Nice Cuppa Stamp Set. I used Melon Mambo which I stamped off first, which kind of gives it a nice watercolour effect. I fussy cut the cup because I don’t own the Cup & Kettle Framelit Dies that co-ordinate with the stamp set.
The sentiment on the front is a piece of Whisper White cut out with the smallest dies in the Chalk Talk Thinlits and the 1 1/4 Scallop Punch. I used some Clear Wink of Stella on the hearts which is a bit hard to see.
Just a reminder that retiring products will be available thru to 31 May or until supplies last. The retiring list can be found here. Especially make sure to pick up the retiring In Colors which are still available in a Ink Pad/Paper Bundle // 133664 // $58.
Stampin’ Up! Supplies:
A Nice Cuppa Stamp Set // 140683 // $30.00 (Retiring)
Crazy About You Wood Mount // 138856 // $90
Crazy About You Clear Mount // 138859 // $68
Crazy About You Photopolymer // 137137 // $43
Crazy About You Wood Mount Bundle // 139324 // $134.25
Crazy About You Clear Mount Bundle // 139325 // $111.25
Crazy About You Photopolymer Bundle // 138873 // $71.25
Melon Mambo Classic Stampin’ Pad // 126948 // $11.50
Melon Mambo Classic Stampin’ Ink Refill // 115662 // $5.50
Crushed Curry Classic Stampin’ Pad // 131173 // $11.50
Crushed Curry Classic Stampin’ Ink Refill // 131158 // $5.50
It’s My Party Designer Series Paper Stack // 140552 // $45.25
Whisper White Cardstock // 106549 // $12.25
Circle Card Thinlits // 133480 // $54 (Retiring 40% off – $32.40)
Chalk Talk Thinlits // 129983 // $41 (Retiring 50% off – $20.50)
1 1/4in Scallop Circle Punch // 127811 // $28 (Retiring)
Banner Triple Punch // 138292 // $38
Clear Wink of Stella // 141897 // $14
The Hidden Bits:
Snail Adhesive // 104332 // $12.00
Snail Refill (12m) // 104331 // $8.00
Stampin’ Dimensionals // 104430 // $7.00