Today I played along with CASEing the Catty Challenge, CASEing our favourite kits for either catalogue. I chose to CASE two of the cards from the Perennial Birthday Kit found in the Occasions Catalogue.
Here are your cards:
Gather you supplies:
- Stamp Set
- Big Shot
- Dapper Denim Classic Stampin’ Pad (141394) ++ $11.50
- Dapper Denim Classic Stampin’ Refill (141399) ++ $6.50
- Flirty Flamingo Classic Stampin’ Pad (141397) ++ $11.50
- Flirty Flamingo Classic Stampin’ Refill (141402) ++ $6.50
- Old Olive Classic Stampin’ Pad (126953) ++ $11.50
- Old Olive Classic Stampin’ Ink Refill (100531) ++ $6.50
- Soft Sky Classic Stampin’ Pad (131181) ++ $11.50
- Soft Sky Classic Stampin’ Ink Refill (131161) ++ $6.50
- Wisteria Wonder Classic Stampin’ Pad (126985) ++ $11.50
- Wisteria Wonder Classic Stampin’ Ink Refill (122931) ++ $6.50
- Subtles Stampin’ Write Markers (131263) ++ $51.00 (Soft Sky, Wisteria Wonder)
- Brights Stampin’ Write Markers (131259) ++ $51.00 (Old Olive)
- 2016-2018 In Color Stampin’ Write Markers (141393) ++ $26.00 (Flirty Flamingo, Dapper Denim)
- Basic Black Stampin’ Write Marker (100082) ++ $6.00
- Heat Embossing
Putting this card together:
- I took a piece of Whisper White and cut the hexagon and cut outs with the Window Box Thinlits Dies. I just trimmed off the extra pieces at the score lines.
- I used the Stamparatus to stamp the Hot Air Balloons from the Lift Me Up Stamp Set, I first stamped in Dapper Denim Ink then the bottom halves in Versamark. Finally Heat Embossing in Copper Heat Emboss Powder.
- I cut out the balloons with the Up & Away Thinlits Dies.
- I stamped the sentiment from the Perennial Birthday Stamp Set in Dapper Denim. Then I used the Banner Triple Punch to create the sentiment banner.
- I adhered the hexagon to the card base with Tear & Tape Adhesive.
- I used Tear & Tape to adhere the Whisper White Solid Baker’s Twine to the back of the balloons.
- Then adhered the balloons to the card with Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals. As well as the banner with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- I finally tied all the Baker’s Twine together with another piece of Baker’s Twine.
The next card uses a mix of Stampin’ Write Markers and Ink Pads. For some reasons my Soft Sky Marker is completely different colour to the Soft Sky Ink Pad, but the colour doesn’t look out of place. So I’m okay I with it.
Putting this card together:
- I started off my using markers to ink up the largest flower with the leaves. I used Basic Black, Old Olive, Flirty Flamingo and Soft Sky.
- I stamped the small flower with leaves in Dapper Denim and Wisteria Wonder.
- I stamped the small single flower in Flirty Flamingo.
- I stamped the medium single flower in Soft Sky and Wisteria Wonder.
- I stamped the dots in Old Olive.
- Finally using the Basic Black and Old Olive markers to ink up the leave and flower bud stamp.
- I punched out the Everyday Label piece and stamped the Flower in Flirty Flamingo, the leaves in Old Olive and the sentiment in Dapper Denim.
- On a separate piece of Whisper White I stamped the Birthday in Dapper Denim and punched it out with the Classic Label Punch.
- I punched a hole in the top of the Everyday Label Punched piece with the 1/8″ Circle Punch.
- I adhered the piece of Old Olive Mini Chevron Ribbon with Tear & Tape Adhesive.
- I tied the a piece of Whisper White Solid Baker’s Twine through the punched hole.
- Finally adhering it to the card base with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I love how these two cards came out. The Old Olive card I had thought about recreating for a while and am glad that I was able to CASE it before the kit retired.
Until next time… Happy Stampin’,