Today on the blog I am playing along with TGIF’s Technique Time Challenge, with the Technique being doodle on your card.
Here is my card:
Gather your supplies:
- Whisper White A4 Cardstock (106549) ++ $17.00 (Card base: 8-1/8″ x 5-3/4″; scored at: 4-1/16″, Matte: 5-1/4″ x 3-5/8″)
- Tropical Escape 6” x 6” (15.2 x 15.2cm) Designer Series Paper (146916) ++ $19.25
(5-3/4″ x 2″)
- Brights Stampin’ Write Markers (147157) ++ $52.50
- Fabulous Flamingo Photopolymer Stamp Set (143758) ++ $37.00
- Blushing Bride Classic Stampin’ Pad (147100) ++ $13.00
- Blushing Bride Classic Stampin’ Ink Refill (131157) ++ $6.50
- Whisper White Solid Baker’s Twine (124262) ++ $5.25
- Paper Snips (103579) ++ $17.00
- Tear & Tape Adhesive (138995) ++ $9.00
- Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430) ++ $6.00
Putting your card together:
- I started off by fussy cutting out three leaves and two flowers from the Tropical Escape Designer Series Paper.
- I took the Whisper White matte piece and drawing a double line border around it.
- Then I arranged the leaves and adhered it down with Tear & Tape Adhesive. (Tip: Fold the leaves along the stem and apply adhesive only to the fold line to give it dimension.)
- I stamped the sentiment from the Fabulous Flamingo Stamp Set in Blushing Bride.
- Then I tied some Whisper White Solid Baker’s Twine around the Whisper White piece.
- I adhered down the separate strip of Tropical Escape Designer Series Paper to the card base.
- Then adhered down the Whisper White piece to the card base with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Finally I adhered the two flowers with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I love how this card turned, I am really glad that I got the Tropical Escape DSP and I am definitely now going to get the rest of the Tropical Escape Suite.