Today I played along with TGIF’s Colour Challenge, using Smoky Slate, Night of Navy and Old Olive.
I wanted to try the No Line Watercoloring Technique that Stampin’ Up! recently made a video about.
Here is my card:
For my card I used some of the flowers from the Petal Palette Stamp Set.
Gather your supplies:
- Old Olive A4 Cardstock (106576) ++ $14.75 (8-1/4″ x 5-3/4″; scored at: 4-1/8″)
- Shimmery White A4 Cardstock (121717) ++ $15.75 (3-1/4″ x 4-1/2″) + Scraps
- Whisper White A4 Cardstock (106549) ++ $17.00 (11/16″ Wide)
- Petal Palette Clear Mount Stamp Set (145788) ++ $61.00
- Petal Palette Wood Mount Stamp Set (145785) ++ $82.00
- Old Olive Classic Stampin’ Pad (147090) ++ $13.00
- Old Olive Classic Stampin’ Ink Refill (100531) ++ $6.50
- Night of Navy Classic Stampin’ Pad (147110) ++ $13.00
- Night of Navy Classic Stampin’ Ink Refill (103033) ++ $6.50
- Smoky Slate Classic Stampin’ Pad (147113) ++ $13.00
- Smoky Slate Classic Stampin’ Ink Refill (131159) ++ $6.50
- Aqua Painters (103954) ++ $20.00
- Neutrals Stampin’ Write Markers (147158) ++ $52.50 (Night of Navy & Smoky Slate)
- Regals Stampin’ Write Markers (147158) ++ $52.50 (Old Olive)
- Linen Thread (104199) ++ $8.75
- Paper Snips (103579) ++ $17.00
- Big Shot (143263) ++ $159.00
- Petal Pair Textured Impressions Embossing Folders (145656) ++ $16.00
- Banner Triple Punch (138292) ++ $38.00
- Tear & Tape Adhesive (138995) ++ $9.00
- Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430) ++ $6.00
Putting your card together:
- I inked up the large flower from the Petal Palette Stamp Set in Smoky Slate, stamping off twice before stamping onto the piece of Shimmery White.
- Taking the Aqua Painter with the finer brush tip I watercoloured some section of the leaves and flowers in Old Olive and Night of Navy. Using a heat tool I’d help speed up the drying process.
- Then I would fill in remaining sections of the leaves and flowers.
- I used the same process for the smaller flowers, but added in some Smoky Slate ink to the flowers. Then let all the flowers dry.
- In the mean time I embossed the card base with the leaf embossing folder from the Petal Pair Textured Embossing Folders.
- I took Old Olive and Night of Navy Stampin’ Write Marker to draw in some of the lines on the flowers and leaves. I also used the Smoky Slate Marker for the stem of the smaller flowers.
- I fussy cut out the smaller flowers.
- I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set as the flowers onto the piece of Whisper White in Night of Navy. I the cut the banner end with the Banner Triple Punch.
- I adhered the Shimmery White piece to the card base with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Using Tear & Tape Adhesive on the back of the banner I adhered the smaller flowers to the sentiment piece. Adding a little more Tear & Tape I adhered the banners and flowers to the card front.
- I trimmed off any excess card stock of the banner.
- I tied a piece of Linen Thread around the end of the banner, securing it in place and to the card with a Stampin’ Dimensional.
I really love how this card turned out. Watercoloring is one of my favourite techniques.
Until next time… Happy Stampin’,
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to…
- Receive three FREE Exclusive PDF tutorials + PDF tutorials of my card created for this blog when you subscribe to my newsletter here.
- Check out the Clearance Rack and save up to 60%.
- Save 10% on coordinating product bundles.
- The $169 Starter Kit is the best deal of any catalogue! Check out the Discounts & Benefits here.
- Follow me on Instagram, Facebook & Pinterest.
Love this card? Save it to your favourite congrats card Pinterest board!