Today I played along with TGIFC’s Tic Tac Toe Challenge. For this challenge you had to choose three in a row. So my three I chose Flowers, Negative Space and Thread.
Gather your supplies:
- Whisper White A4 Cardstock (106549) ++ $15.75 (Card base: 8-1/4″ x 5-3/4″; scored at 4-1/8″, Matte: 5″ x 3-3/8″) + Scraps
- Perennial Birthday Clear Mount Stamp Set (145760) ++ $38.00
- Perennial Birthday Wood Mount Stamp Set (145757) ++ $52.00
- Up & Away Thinlits (142748) ++ $50.00
- Bermuda Bay Classic Stampin’ Pad (131171) ++ $11.50
- Bermuda Bay Classic Stampin’ Ink Refill (131156) ++ $6.50
- Berry Burst Classic Stampin’ Pad (144083) ++ $11.50
- Berry Burst Classic Stampin’ Refill (144089) ++ $6.50
- Pumpkin Pie Classic Stampin’ Pad (126945) ++ $11.50
- Pumpkin Pie Classic Stampin’ Ink Refill (105229) ++ $6.50
- Old Olive Classic Stampin’ Pad (126953) ++ $11.50
- Old Olive Classic Stampin’ Ink Refill (100531) ++ $6.50
- Paper Snips (103579) ++ $17.00
- Linen Thread (104199) ++ $8.00
- Tear & Tape Adhesive (138995) ++ $9.00
- Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430) ++ $6.00
- Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals (144108) ++ $6.00
- Pick A Pattern Washi Tape (144166) ++ $14.00
Putting your card together:
- Taking the Up & Away Thinlits in the same configuration as below, I lined them all up and joined together with a piece of Washi Tape. (As you can see I removed the second from the bottom piece of the balloon because I felt that it didn’t fit properly in with the overall shape of the ballon.)
- I took the Whisper White matte layer and cut out the balloon.
- Then using the cut out balloon as a guide I stamped the large flower by itself on to the card base in Berry Burst. I also stamped the small flower on to the card base in Bermuda Bay.
- On to a separate piece of Whisper White I stamped the large flower with the leaves in Berry Burst, Bermuda Bay and Old Olive.
- I also stamped the small flower in Pumpkin Pie.
- I fussy cut the Pumpkin Pie, Berry Burst and Bermuda Bay flowers and the whole of the Old Olive flowers. Then adhered some of the Bermuda Bay and Berry Burst flowers to the Old Olive flowers with Tear & Tape Adhesive.
- I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set in Old Olive and punched it out with the 1-1/2″ Circle Punch.
- I distressed all the corners off the matte piece.
- I tied the Linen Thread between the bottom of the balloon and the basket.
- I adhered the matte piece to the card base with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- I adhered the large flowers to the balloons with Tear & Tape and the little flowers with Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Finally I adhered the sentiment with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I hope you liked this card, just as much as I had making it. I really loved the Tic Tac Toe Challenge, it challenged me to only be able use certain techniques and items.
Until next time… Happy Stampin’,
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to…
- Receive three FREE Exclusive PDF tutorials + PDF tutorials of my card created for this blog when you subscribe to my newsletter here.
- Check out the Clearance Rack and save up to 60%.
- Save 10% on coordinating product bundles.
- The $169 Starter Kit is the best deal of any catalogue! Check out the Discounts & Benefits here.
- Follow me on Instagram, Facebook & Pinterest.
Love this card? Save it to your favourite birthday card Pinterest board!