Winter Wonderland, well I can only dream… as we are in for a hot Aussie summer Christmas.
My card today is to play along with the Global-Design-Project and Case the Designer, Connie Collins.
Here is my card:
I took inspiration from Connie’s card with the placement of the sentiment, the shape of the background image and the use of Marina Mist.
The colours I used were Emerald Envy, Marina Mist, Soft Sky and Mint Macaron. The stamp sets I used were Christmas Pines and Labeler Alphabet.
How I made this card?
- Thick Whisper White card base (210 x 148mm, scored at 105mm)
- Emerald Envy piece is 143 x 100mm
- Background is watercolour paper cut to 138 x 95mm
- The background is stamped with the snowflakes stamp from Christmas Pines using Versamark and White Embossing Powder, then I sponged Soft Sky and then Marina Mist over top trying to focus the colour where I had stamped
- For the sentiment I used the bottle tag from the Cheerful Tags Framelits Dies, in Whisper White, folding it over the watercolour paper piece
- On a separate piece of Whisper White I cut out the second smallest circle from the Stitched Shapes Framelits Dies
- On the circle I stamped my sentiment using the Labeler Alphabet Stamp Set in Mint Macaron, I know it looks grey but that’s because I didn’t clean my the stamps properly but I like it, I think it works…
- I added a piece of Emerald Envy Ribbon through the tag wholes
- Finally I adhered everything using Glue Dots, Snail Adhesive and Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I hope everyone is enjoying the festive season wherever you are.
Until next time… Happy stampin’,