At the recent Onstage the they demonstrated the Magic Card as an example. I decided to give it a go with the stamp sets we received. I watched the video from Stampin’ Up! to get an understanding of how to make it.
How I made this card?
- The card base is Very Vanilla 210mm x 5.5in, I scored it at 2in from either end plus 1/4in outside of that.
- The DSP is from By the Shore which was cut fit the middle section of the card base. I adhered it around the edges and cut out the middle 1.5cm from each edge.
- I cut out a separate piece of Very Vanilla that was slightly smaller then the centre section of the card base.
- The two pieces with the sentiment on it use Window Sheet and Very Vanilla, both are cut to the same size and are cut to be slightly bigger then the hole cut in the centre of the card base, making sure that it’s tall enough to be even with the top of the card.
- Stamping the sentiments onto the Very Vanilla piece first then matching the Window Sheet on top and stamping what you want seen first onto the Window Sheet with Black Stazon.
- To assemble the card base I used Stampin’ Dimensionals and Tear & Tape, to get an easier explanation I would suggest to watch the video.
- I used the smallest framelit in the Cheerful Tags Framelits Dies to create the Dapper Denim tab to hold together the two pieces.
- I adhered the tab using Mini Glue Dots to the front of the Window Sheet and the back of the Very Vanilla piece. To help secure it a bit better I used the Handheld Stapler and stapled the tab making sure not through the two pieces. (The Handheld Stapler is on the Low Inventory List and will be retiring once it’s gone!!)
- Because the wrap around is not quite wide enough to hold together I attached I solid piece to the back of the card.
I hope you give this card a go next time your making a birthday card.
Until next time… Happy Stampin’,