Today I am playing along with Can You Case It? for the first time. And this weeks challenge is a colour challenge. Doing different challenges can really help get the creative juices flowing.
The colours required for the this challenge were blue, turquoise and lime.
So here is the card:
The colours I chose were Night of Navy, Bermuda Bay and Pear Pizzazz. I have been using Night of Navy a lot lately, Bermuda Bay is one of my favourite colours and Pear Pizzazz is not my usual go to green, but I thought this was the most lime like colour.
The stamp set I used is the Pun Intended Stamp Set which is one of my favourite new stamp sets from the Annual Catalogue, it is also a Hostess Stamp Set.
How did I make this card?
- The card base is the Thick Whisper White cut to A6 (148x210mm) scored at 105mm.
- Background is Bermuda Bay, which I found in my scraps container, I stamped the arrow from Pun Intended in Bermuda Bay. I was trying to create a pattern when I was the background, normally I just stamp set side to side with this stamp. I filled in the centres of those four arrows that meet with Clear Wink of Stella.
- I stamped the camera in Night of Navy a fussy cut that out.
- I stamped the hearts in Pear Pizzazz, fussy cut those out too, and one in the flash area on the camera, except when I was colouring it in with soem Clear Wink of Stella it all came out at once and made a bit of a mess, so I decided to fill in the whole area.
- I used Snail adhesive to adhere the background and Stampin’ Dimensionals to adhere the camera and the hearts.
- Finally stamping the Snappy Birthday sentiment also in Night of Navy next to the camera.
I hope you too will play along with Can You Case It? Here is the challenge info.
Until next time… Happy stamping,
- Pun Intended Photopolymer Stamp Set  $16.50
- Clear Wink Of Stella Glitter Brush  $11.50
- Bermuda Bay Classic Stampin’ Pad  $11.50
- Bermuda Bay Classic Stampin’ Ink Refill  $5.50
- Night Of Navy Classic Stampin’ Pad  $11.50
- Night Of Navy Classic Stampin’ Ink Refill  $5.50
- Pear Pizzazz Classic Stampin’ Pad  $11.50
- Pear Pizzazz Classic Stampin’ Ink Refill  $5.50
Tools & Adhesive
- SNAIL Permanent Adhesive  $10.00
- SNAIL Permanent Adhesive Refill  $8.00
- Stampin’ Dimensionals  $6.00